The Farmyard opened in 2016. Our animals are one of the first things our guests seem to fall in love with. Below are some pictures and their names. Everyone has a different story!
How to get closer to the animals:
- Farmyard Animal Sponsor The animals stay at The Farmyard during the warm months and return to their winter vacation homes in November. Our sponsors receive updates during our “closed season.” They also have a plaque with their name displayed on the animal pen.
- Children can participate in a variety of activities including our Chore Chart Program and Pony Grooming classes.
- We have a Farmyard Book Series. These stories are inspired by the Farmyard animals!
- Are you a petting zoo? Although our animals are friendly, we are not a petting zoo. Each animal has a different job whether it be to provide educational demonstrations, eggs, meat, wool, milk or another commodity.
- Are you a rescue? We are not a rescue, but are known to take in an animal or two from a bad situation. The health and safety of our animals are top priorities for us. For this reason, many of our animals are donated or are on a free-lease.