Join us for Dairy Day 2019 on June 22nd, 11am-3pm
This is the third year The Farmyard will be hosting Dairy Day! The day is designed to teach the community about the dairy industry and give everyone an opportunity to speak to a farmer. Steve, one of the founders of The Farmyard, is a 3rd generation dairy farmer and milked cows for more than 45 years. He, his family and their cows have traveled across Maryland to give people a little taste of the industry. Now they host demonstrations right in their home fields for Dairy Day. From 11am-3pm guests are welcome to join in on the fun! Educational Hayrides will run at 12:30 and 1:30 and 2:45pm. If you’re having a great time, stay a little longer and spend some more time with the animals. The Farmyard doesn’t close until 5pm. All participants/parents must fill out a liability form prior to participating in the festivities.
*Rain Date June 23rd*
2019 Dairy Day Activities
- Milk a Cow ($5)
- Bottle Feed a Calf ($5)
- Take a Picture with a Cow/Calf ($5)
- Educational Hayrides ($5)
- Dairy Day Craft ($3)
- Face Painting by local artist Bevin Keefer – ($3)
- “Mooseum” – Can you identify the tools we use on the farm? Walk through our barn and view the “everyday items we use and why.” (Free)
- Make Ice Cream with Maryland Dairy Princess, Lynne Thomas (Free)
- Purchase Indoor Items – Local photography, artwork, handcrafted soaps, candles, honey and more! (prices vary)
- Purchase Ice Cream Sandwiches, Snowballs and more (prices vary)
Take advantage of the Dairy Day Package – for $22 you will receive a wristband to participate in all of the activities colored in blue!